Toasted Salsa Cheese Sandwiches
You must drain the salsa because it contains a lot of liquid. The heat and spices, however, remain!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup salsa, drained
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- In bowl, combine salsa, pepper jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and softened cream cheese.
- Divide mixture among four slices of bread and top with remaining slices of bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with softened butter.
- Grill sandwiches in dual-contact grill or on a griddle, turning once and covering during cooking, until cheese melts and bread is crisp. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.