Toasted Walnut and Parsley Pesto with Noodles
Pesto is an Italian sauce usually made with oil, herbs, garlic, and cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 4 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- In a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat, toast the walnuts until they’re light brown, about 5 to 8 minutes, being careful not to burn them. Set aside to cool.
- Add the oil, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, and toasted walnuts to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the noodles with the pesto. Serve immediately.