Tofu and Cashew Stir-Fry
Serve this colorful and nutritious dish with rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained
- ½ cup vegetarian chicken-flavored broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. water, optional
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- Cut the tofu into ¾" cubes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the vegetarian chicken-flavored broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, and sugar. Whisk in the cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add ginger and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add broccoli and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, until they are tender but still crisp. Add the tofu cubes, and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly-browned. Stir the sauce and swirl into the pan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 more minutes to heat through. Stir in the cashews. Serve hot.