Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Tofu is high in protein and serves as a wonderful substitute for meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 block (12⅓ oz.) firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. gojuchang paste
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Using paper towels, pat the tofu dry. Cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, gojuchang paste, honey, sesame oil, and scallions. Add in the tofu cubes and mix until well coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the bell pepper and edamame and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tofu with the marinade. Stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes and sprinkle in the black pepper and sesame seeds.
- To assemble the wraps, divide the mixture into eighths. Take 1 lettuce leaf and place 1 portion of the tofu mixture in the center. Serve hot.