Tofu and Portobello Enchiladas
Turn up the heat by adding some fresh minced or canned chilies. If you’re addicted to vegan cheese, add a handful of grated cheese to the filling as well as on top.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 block (14 oz.) firm tofu, diced
- 5 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled vegan Mexican-style cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the tofu, mushrooms, onion, and garlic until tofu is just lightly sautéed, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add chili powder and heat for 1 more minute, stirring to coat well.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1⁄3 cup enchilada sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking pan or casserole dish.
- Place about 1⁄4 cup of the tofu mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing snugly in the baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce, coating the tops of each tortilla well.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.