Tofu “Ricotta” Manicotti
Check the label on your manicotti package, as some need to be precooked and some can be placed straight into the oven.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 12 large manicotti
- 2 blocks (10 oz.) firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- Precook the manicotti shells, according to package instructions, if needed. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash together the tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, soy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, basil, and parsley until well mixed, crumbly, and almost smooth.
- Stuff each manicotti noodle with the tofu mixture.
- Spread half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a casserole or baking dish, then place the manicotti on top. Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese, and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.