This low-sodium soup is a natural cure-all. Meaty chunks of tofu and vegetables are bathed in a soft broth with a slightly spicy after-kick.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Pour the broth into a stockpot. Add all of the ingredients except for the tofu and last 2 scallions. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the tofu. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with the remaining sliced scallions. Serve immediately.