Tofu Strips with Tartar Sauce
Baked tofu creates a chewy and firm bite that pairs perfectly with homemade tartar sauce. Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, drained on paper towels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu into ½”-thick slices; blot well with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Cut each slice in half. In medium bowl, gently toss together tofu strips and olive oil until coated.
- In another medium bowl, combine garbanzo flour and seasoning blend. Coat tofu strips in flour mixture; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, mustard and lemon juice.
- Serve tofu strips with tartar sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.