Tofu and Vegetables in Asian Citrus Sauce
The tastes and textures come together beautifully in this Asian-inspired dish. Serve over rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seed oil
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1" piece ginger, peeled and minced
- ⅔ lb. sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- ½ medium orange, juice and rind, pulsed in the food processor
- 1 tsp. Asian five-spice powder
- 1 tsp. Chinese mustard or Japanese wasabi
- ¼ cup sake
- ¼ cup light gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 lb. satin tofu, cubed
- Heat the oils in a wok. Add the scallions, garlic, and gingerroot. Lightly mix in sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, and cabbage and toss in the oil for 3–4 minutes. Place the cooked vegetables in a large, warm serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, orange juice and rind, five-spice powder, mustard or wasabi, sake, and soy sauce.
- Stir into the wok until blended. Add the tofu cubes and vegetables, and mix to coat. Serve hot.