Tomates Provençales (Tomatoes Provençale)
An ideal side dish for barbecue, these roasted tomatoes from Provence call for a glass of iced rosé and some great grilled meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium round tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. thyme
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Season tomatoes with kosher salt. Take a large plate and put the tomatoes on it, face down so that their water drains out. Reserve for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic cloves with the bread crumbs, parsley, and thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Using a teaspoon, top each tomato with the garlic, bread crumbs, and herbs mixture. Top with a few drops of olive oil on each tomato. Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.