Tomatillo Jalapeño Shrimp Cocktail
In a sea of appetizers, this spiced up shrimp cocktail is "shrimply" delicious!
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 pound tomatillos, husked
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Pure Canola Oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Tail-On Peeled and Deveined Extra Large Cooked Shrimp, thawed
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat oven to 350°F. On a small rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatillos, jalapeño, onion and garlic with canola oil and salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until tomatillos have softened.
- Place vegetables in a food processor with horseradish and vinegar. Pulse until smooth. Add cilantro and pulse until cilantro is just chopped. Taste and add salt if needed. Pour into a serving bowl, cover and chill 1 hour or until serving time.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. On a platter, arrange shrimp around a bowl of cocktail sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and additional chopped cilantro, if desired.