This salsa goes perfectly with guacamole, and is a great twist on traditional salsa recipes.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium serrano pepper, whole, stem removed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Place tomatillos, pepper, onion, and garlic in a large stockpot and fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 10–15 minutes until tomatillos are light green and soft.
- Drain water from pot. Add ingredients from pot with the cilantro to a food processor and blend until a salsa-like consistency is achieved.
- Stir in salt and sesame seeds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.