Tomato and Tiny Noodle Soup
The tiny ditalini noodles are the perfect size to scoop up with your spoon in this warming tomato soup dish.
Serves: 5Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) Kroger Brand Crushed Peeled Tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces Kroger Brand Ditalini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- Shredded parmesan, optional
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions, garlic, salt and pepper 2 to 4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta 7 minutes, or until just al dente. Drain.
- Stir pasta and basil into soup. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve soup topped with parmesan cheese if desired.