Diced avocado adds delicious richness to this salad-in-a-cup. Also, be sure to use very ripe tomatoes for this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 large avocado, finely diced
- Combine all ingredients except tomato juice and avocado in a blender or food processor. Pulse until puréed.
- Strain mixture through a coarse sieve into a glass bowl or pitcher. Press to extract all the juices. Stir in the tomato juice, cover, and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Just before serving, dice avocado. Pour gazpacho into soup cups and garnish with diced avocado.