Tomato Basil Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella
Buffalo mozzarella is richer and a little more expensive than regular mozzarella, but it is worth it when preparing this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 4 oz. buffalo mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 16 large basil leaves, shredded
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oil. Set aside.
- Build the salad on individual plates, layering the tomatoes, then the mozzarella, and finally the basil on top. Sprinkle with the dressing and serve immediately.