A bisque is a rich soup that combines vegetables, stock, and milk or cream. In this recipe, Alfredo sauce provides the creaminess. Serve for lunch with some chewy breadsticks and a mixed fruit salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 container (10 oz.) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried marjoram
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add Alfredo sauce and broth; cook and stir with wire whisk until mixture is smooth. Add milk and stir; cook over medium heat for 2–3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, purée undrained tomatoes in food processor or blender until smooth. Add to saucepan along with basil and marjoram leaves.
- Heat soup over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture just comes to a simmer. Serve immediately.