Tomato and Bread Salad (Panzanella)
Panzanella (bread salad) is a traditional dish from Italy. Using both yellow and red tomatoes can make this a festive touch on your plate.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cups cubed day-old country bread
- ¼ cup roughly chopped basil
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes and chopped onion with salt, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Toss gently with dried bread cubes and basil. Season with black pepper.