Tomato Caprese Salad
This Italian favorite is so simple, and yet so amazingly delicious! Going out to an expensive restaurant is no longer necessary. By yourself, or loaded up with guests, you can feel precious and pampered with this light, healthy, satisfying salad!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Layer the tomatoes evenly on two plates, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Top the tomatoes with the basil leaves.
- Layer the mozzarella over the tomatoes and basil, and serve.