Tomato Cream Soup
Finish this recipe off with a dollop of sour cream, which, in addition to giving each spoonful a nice creamy texture, also ups the fat content.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Heat butter in a medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, 3–4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Insert an immersion blender and blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Once soup starts boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.