These can be made ahead of time and frozen. They can be reheated in a microwave.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ lb. butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 medium red tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- Mix together the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add the flour and mix well. Roll into a ball, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the tomatoes and onion.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼" thick. Cut into circles about 3" across. Put 1 teaspoon of tomato and onion mixture in the center of each circle. Fold in half and seal the edges with a fork. Prick the top of each empanada with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.