Tomato and Leek Frittata
Leeks are delicious with eggs. Serve this frittata garnished with some extra goat cheese, tomato slices, and sliced green onions.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped leeks
- ½ tsp. sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10" ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in grape tomatoes and capers. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, quickly beat egg whites with herbes de Provence, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Whisk in egg yolks. Whisk until mixture is fluffy.
- Brush skillet with remaining olive oil. Add eggs, cooked tomato mixture, and goat cheese. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes. Transfer to oven; bake 15–20 minutes or until eggs are set. To check, cut a small slit in center of frittata.