Tomato and Lime Salsa
This is a great salsa to serve over grilled fish.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 9 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh or canned jalapeño pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- Cut the tomatoes into ¼" pieces. Remove the skins from the onion and garlic, and mince. Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and cut into ¼" pieces. Chop the cilantro into ⅛" pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl; stir until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Top with lime zest.