Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad
Save to My Recipes
This is the classic caprese salad of Italy. Use fresh mozzarella cheese rather than the denser shredding variety used on pizza.
Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- On a platter, alternate layers of tomatoes and mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, and sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.