Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded packaged Italian-blend cheeses
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- Preheat broiler.
- In a 10" oven-proof skillet heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onion until tender (no more than 5 minutes.) Add the tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs well and add salt and pepper. Pour eggs over the vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle cheese over eggs and top with olives. Reduce heat to medium-low. As the eggs thicken, lift the edges with a spatula and allow the liquid on top to run underneath. Cook 5-8 minutes until eggs are almost set.
- Place skillet under the broiler. Broil 3-4 minutes until golden brown.