Tomato and Onion Salad with Basil
Feel free to remove the skins from the tomatoes, if you prefer. Simply place them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Take a paring knife and slice an “X” into the skin at the bottom of the tomato. The skins will come off easily.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 4 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the tomato, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.