Tomato, Oregano, and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
The Mediterranean combination of tomatoes, oregano, and goat cheese work to create a delicious frittata that you can serve at an elegant brunch, carry to a picnic, or pack in a lunch box.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 log (4 oz.) goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, and goat cheese and mix well again.
- Grease a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with olive oil.
- Pour egg mixture into slow cooker and cook on low for 4–6 hours or on high for 2–3 hours. The casserole is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from slow cooker, cut into wedges, and serve hot or at room temperature.