Tomato, Pepper, and Pumpkin Soup
If you’d like to serve this soup cold, swirl 1 cup of plain yogurt into it just before serving for a creamy and delicious flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1½ cups cubed pumpkin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Add bell peppers, onions, pumpkin, garlic, chili, tomatoes, and vegetable broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until bell peppers and pumpkin are soft. Drain, keeping vegetables and liquid in separate bowls.
- Blend vegetables in a food processor and place back in saucepan with liquid. Add basil, salt, and pepper to soup and heat thoroughly.