Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Make this dish when tomatoes are in season. Also, use only fresh herbs. If you can’t find fresh basil, you can substitute 1⁄2 bunch oregano for a different but still delicious flavor.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. fresh tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- About 20 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil tops
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients. Chill 1 hour before serving.