Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Beans
The combination of smoky red peppers and tomatoes with hearty beans makes this recipe irresistible.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups dry white beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ cup chopped roasted red pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Place beans in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine onion, garlic, broth, tomatoes, thyme, red pepper, white pepper, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.