Tomato Salad with Basil–Pine Nut Dressing
This recipe makes a nice addition to any summer celebration, but shy away from it if nightshade vegetables, such as tomatoes, trigger inflammation in your body.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pints ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes and onion in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil; set aside.
- Dry-sauté the pine nuts (without oil) over medium heat until light brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool, then stir the pine nuts, basil leaves, salt, and pepper into the tomato mixture. Adjust seasonings to taste.