This basic recipe can be altered to your taste by adding more and different chilies, or by adding beans and vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies or 2 fresh green chilies
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup canned or frozen corn
- 1 small green or red bell pepper
- Dice the tomatoes into ¼" pieces. Remove the skin from the onion and cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- If using fresh chilies, remove the stem and seeds and cut into ¼" pieces. Chop the cilantro into ¼" pieces.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper and chop the pepper into ¼" pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients and let sit overnight in a covered container in the refrigerator.