Tomato and Spinach Lasagna
This simple lasagna is an easy meal for entertaining.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz. shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Squeeze excess water from frozen spinach and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onions over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spray a 9 1⁄2-by-14-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place a layer of noodles on the bottom of the pan. Next, pour 1⁄3 of the prepared sauce on top to cover the noodles. Add 1⁄2 of the cottage cheese and 1⁄2 of the spinach. Repeat the layers. Top the lasagna with a last layer of noodles, the remaining sauce and the shredded mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 50 minutes until the top is golden brown.