Tomato and Vegetable Frittata
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. mustard powder
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a large, nonstick, ovenproof sauté pan with a thin coating of nonstick baking spray. Bring to temperature over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. When the butter sizzles, add the onion; sauté for 3 minutes or until almost tender. Add tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes or until most of the moisture from the tomatoes has evaporated from the pan. Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- Whisk together the eggs, basil, parsley, pepper, chili powder, mustard powder, and crushed red pepper. Pour the mixture over the sautéed vegetables in the pan. Use a spoon or spatula to gently stir the eggs into the vegetables, so that some of the eggs run to the bottom of the pan. Cook about 3 minutes, until eggs just begin to set in the center.
- Remove the pan from the burner and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the frittata. Place the pan under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Gently lift the edges of the frittata away from the pan with a spatula, then slide it onto a serving platter.