Tomato Vegetable Rice Soup
Use this recipe as a guide for making your own customized soup. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- ¼ cup uncooked white rice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat the oil in soup pot and sauté the garlic over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the curry and flour, stirring for 1 minute. Add the broth, mixing everything together. Add the celery, carrot, apple, rice, and lemon juice. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.