Tomatoes Stuffed with Quinoa Salad
The flavors of the Mediterranean are not only delicious, but also good for you! Many consider the Mediterranean diet to be one of the healthiest due to the focus on plant-based foods.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1½ cups cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer before cooking. To cook, place quinoa and water in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until all water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- To prepare tomatoes, remove caps and hollow out, leaving shell about ½” thick. In mixing bowl, combine quinoa, cucumbers, parsley, mint, onion, and feta.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil together; pour over quinoa and vegetables. Stuff tomatoes with mixture, and serve.