Too-Good Turkey Burgers
While you want to skip the fast-food hamburgers for lunch, that doesn’t mean that all burgers are bad for you. These turkey burgers give you a great protein boost without the fat and sodium you’ll find at restaurants.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded romaine hearts
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Prepare a grill with olive oil spray and heat to medium heat. Prepare a sauté pan with olive oil spray over medium heat, and add onions. Sauté until soft and translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey breast, minced garlic, sautéed onions, salt, and pepper, and combine thoroughly. Form into 4 patties of the same size. Place patties on the grill and cook for 5 minutes undisturbed.
- Flip the patties and continue cooking for 5 more minutes, or until juices run clear. Open the buns, and move each patty to the bottom half of each bun. Top burgers with the sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, and bun top, and enjoy!