Tootie Fruities® Mini Muffin Cakes
These colorful mini-muffin cakes have a fresh lemony zing!
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup Malt-O-Meal® Tootie Fruities cereal, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pulse the granulated sugar and lemon zest in a blender. Combine one egg at a time, then gradually pour in olive oil and milk. Pulse until emulsified into a thin batter, about 30 seconds. Whisk one cup of flour, the baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add to blender in 2 batches, pulse lightly until blended. Scrape down the sides if needed. Lightly dust and oil pan with crushed cereal and shake off excess.
- Pour into a 12-cup mini muffin tin or 12-cup regular sized muffin tin. Bake at 350°F for 22-25 minutes, test, take out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Bake the second batch. Cool.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle icing over cakes.