Tortellini and Bean Soup
This is the perfect meal to make when you don't have a lot of time to cook.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed Italian-style tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) chopped spinach, drained
- 1 lb. cooked tortellini
- 6 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the oil to a large saucepan or Dutch oven; bring to temperature over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until transparent. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, and spinach; bring to a boil. Stir in the tortellini; lower the heat, cover, and simmer for the amount of time suggested on the tortellini package. Serve topped with grated cheese.