There’s nothing like an Italian meal to satisfy your stomach and your soul. This tortellini dinner is just what you need to feel your best.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 2 (8 oz.) packages dried cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Half & Half
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Milk
- 2 Simple Truth™ Medium Eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Oregano (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Walnuts Raw Halves & Pieces
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and shallots in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in cream and milk. Bring just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl lightly beat eggs. Slowly add about 1 cup of hot mixture to the eggs, beating until combined. Return all of egg mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and just bubbly. Stir in Romano cheese, oregano and pepper.
- Transfer half of the cooked tortellini to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with Gruyère cheese. Pour half of the sauce over tortellini. Top with remaining cooked tortellini, walnuts, prosciutto and remaining sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.