Tortellini with Basil and Walnuts
Frozen tortellini make a wonderfully quick meal for a week night. This recipe is delicately tasty and very easy to cook after a rough day.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 4 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (9 oz.) frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauce pan. Sauté the shallots over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer. Add the basil, pepper, walnuts, and cheese.
- Cook and drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir to coat pasta, add melted butter, and serve.