Tortellini with Brussels Sprouts and Sausage
Impress your family with a quick and creamy white sauce poured over tender Brussels sprouts and fresh tortellini.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (18 oz.) cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (12 oz.) beef smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Parmesan, shredded, to serve
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Prepare tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter. Once warm, cook Brussels sprouts until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until golden. Add sausage and tortellini. Turn heat to low.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook until thickened. Pour sauce over tortellini mixture.
- Serve with Parmesan and parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.