Tortilla Chip Chicken Fingers
Serve as is, or with any of the traditional dipping sauce accompaniments for chicken wings, including blue cheese dressing, soy sauce, or plain ketchup.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (6 oz.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups tortilla chips
- 3⁄4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold, running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut into thin strips approximately 3 inches long and 1⁄2 inch thick (about the size of a finger).
- Crush the tortilla chips into a shallow bowl. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Place the chicken strips, crushed tortilla chips, melted butter, and prepared baking sheet within easy reach of one another. Dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter, then coat with the crushed tortilla chips. Lay out on the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken fingers for 45 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. Turn over the chicken fingers halfway through cooking.