Tortilla Tex-Mex Soup
Chipotle sauce is made from poblano chilies that are smoked. The smoking process tames the fire but intensifies the flavor of the chilies.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas and cheese in a large saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and sprinkle with cheese before serving.