Tortilla Tomato Soup
This soup is a fun alternative to tacos with the same great flavors. You can also add a dollop of fat-free sour cream instead of Greek yogurt for a cool, creamy taste.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 small dried chipotle pepper, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- Combine diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, broth, onions, garlic, seasoning, and black pepper in a large saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1"-wide strips. Toast tortilla strips in toaster oven until crispy.
- Serve soup topped with avocado slices, chopped chipotle, sour cream, and tortilla strips.