Tostadas are fried corn tortillas. Top them with your favorite taco fillings, refried beans, spicy meat, shredded cheese and salsa.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Spread the oil evenly over the bottom of a large frying pan. Preheat to medium-high temperature.
- Place the tortillas in hot oil, one at a time, and fry until crisp. Flip the tortillas when one side is brown to ensure even cooking.
- Sprinkle with salt while cooking.
- Place on paper towels to drain.