Bacon and bourbon? Yes, please! These two go hand-in-hand with fall football, and paired together, they are a winning combo. The bacon can be candied in advance, and the bourbon can be steeped in advance as well, as long as overnight. Add additional ingredients when ready to serve.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 slices (6 inches) uncooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 oz. bourbon
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. simple syrup
- 32 oz. sweet tea
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bacon on parchment and sprinkle with brown sugar and chili powder. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut two pieces of bacon in half and reserve for garnish.
- Roughly chop the remaining bacon and place in a large cocktail shaker. Add bourbon and chili powder and shake vigorously. Set aside to steep for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and simple syrup and shake again.
- Fill four glasses with ice. Pour steeped bourbon over ice and top with tea. Garnish with reserved candied bacon. Serve immediately.