Traditional Belgian Waffles
There are lots of topping options for these waffles including: fresh berries, raisins, jam, a few mini chocolate chips, low-sugar pancake syrup, and powdered sugar.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Combine flour, baking powder, confectioners’ sugar, oil, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Using a 4-ounce measuring cup, pour batter into waffle iron. Bake about 2–3 minutes, or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with strawberries and serve.