Traditional Grilled Lobsters
Lobsters don't need to be boiled! Grilling adds a lovely smoky flavor to the luxurious meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 2 medium lemons, quartered
- 4 lobsters (1 1⁄2 lbs. each)
- Set the grill to medium.
- Make clarified butter by putting the pound of butter in a large ovenproof bowl or quart measuring pitcher. Place in a warm (200°F) oven until the butter melts and the solids fall to the bottom. Strain the butter through a piece of cheesecloth, and it’s ready to use with your lobster.
- Kill the lobsters and then remove the claws and legs. Crack the claws with a cracker or mallet and put them on the grill, turning after 5 minutes.
- Cut through each lobster lengthwise with a serrated knife, splitting it. Brush the meat with some of the clarified butter.
- Grill the lobsters, cut-side down, for 8 to 10 minutes—until they turn reddish orange. Serve with lemon quarters and clarified butter.