Trail Mix Bars
Whether you need a grab-and-go snack to tide you over until your next meal or an at-home pick-me-up, these chewy trail mix and oatmeal bars truly hit the spot.
Serves: 24Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger Brand Simply Classic Trail Mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9”x13” baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to overhang edges for easy removal.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Add oats and trail mix, stirring to combine.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using parchment overhang, remove from pan. Cut into 24 bars.
- Optional: melt chocolate chips in microwave at 50% power, in 30 second increments, until melted. Dip each bar in melted chocolate; place on wax or parchment paper until set
- Store bars in airtight container at room temperature.