Tres Amigos Chocolate Chip Cookies
The three amigos in these rich cookies are the combination of different types of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. A cup of chopped pecans or walnuts may be added, as well.
Makes: 18Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter; pour into mixing bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add both types of sugar; beat until mixture is creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture until well blended. Add chips and chunks. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Drop by 1⁄8 cup measure about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from the cookie sheets.